TOP 5 TIPS FOR A GREAT SELF TAN THIS SUMMER #SELFTANNER #SUMMERTIPS #SUMMER
- Use the mitt please – no tan palms. I use a self tanning mitt that comes with most products as some of the latest products dry super quick. What I do after I apply self tanner with the mitt is go over any parts that need to be rubbed in a bit more with my hands and quickly wash. I also make sure I self tan at night as to let myself dry overnight as you need it to sit for at least 8 hours no matter what the directions say.
- Exfoliate days before and day of to get the best result – prep your skin days before by exfoliating and moisturizing before and then day of exfoliate for best results. Skinny Tan has the best exfoliator and it smells like coconuts. What I like about Skinny Tan is it is made with a seed tanner plus they also use naturally derived Guarana that together with the tan will help make cellulite look visibly smoother and less obvious – bonus!
- Keep skin hydrated to make the tan last – You have to moisturize your skin as you don’t want flaky skin to come off with the tanner. What is tricky is I like to use oil and have not found an oil that does not take off the tanner until I tried Skinny Tan. Skinny Tan makes a nice after glow which is an oil that gives your skin a very nice sheen!
- If you have a big event to go to don’t test out self tanners but use a bronzer instead- A big event is not the time to test out a brand new self tanner that worked on your friend (because each skin tone is different) instead use a 24 hour instant bronzer that you can see going on that way you wont make any mistakes! Skinny Tan has a great bronzer that washed off easily with soap and water. However, be warned if it rains it will run a bit!
- Choose your lotion or mousse wisely – I like lotion the best. I found that certain mousses wash off right away in the shower the next day. One lotion I love is Vita Liberata as it lasts. The Skinny Tan does last as well but it did go on a bit thick so the next day the color was a bit overwhelming, however it faded each day and by the 3rd day I had a nice golden tan!
Don’t forget to use that SPF over any self tanner as many self tanners do not offer SPF!
Disclosure: Skinny Tan sent me a few products to test out; all opinions in this blog post are my own.